Choosing to buy a high-quality, durable solar light will be pretty tricky for those who first contact this product. Therefore, it is necessary to have general criteria to evaluate which solar lights are excellent and suitable for customers' needs. Here are some solar light selection criteria that we synthesized from the experience of some customers. You can use them as a reference to evaluate which are the best solar lights for you.
1. Sturdy design
Since the solar lights are placed outdoors in harsh environments, you need to pay attention to the case, the storage battery, the hardware, and the device's surface. Ensure that the lamp you will buy is resistant to outdoor weather conditions such as erratic rain and shine, dust, etc.
For example, if you want to use a solar LED light as a street light, it is not enough to choose the one painted only against rust. Please select the best solar lights that are even UV resistant, as exposure to strong sunlight can dim or discolour them.
It is suggested that you should choose the type with the outer frame made of stainless steel or high-grade ABS plastic. Another factor in determining is that based on the higher the IP rating, the lamp's environmental adaptability will be better.
Brightness or luminance is defined as the amount of light that is emitted by the light. Most solar lights use LED bulbs whose luminance is measured in lumens. This factor significantly affects illumination capacity and lighting range.
For example, some light models produce only 15 - 35 lumens for a warm, soft glow. Meanwhile, other models can produce 700 - 800 lumens, producing intense light, wide range, and long-range projection. Ideally, you should carefully consider your intended use (as street lights, gate lights or garden lights, walkway lights) to choose the right light, providing no blinding and harmless light to human vision.
3. Type of battery and charging capacity
Choosing the correct type of battery to use for the lamp is also necessary to pay attention to when considering which solar light is good. Some lamps use solar cells of some brands that require direct exposure to strong sunlight to charge fully. But some types can still charge very well even in low sunlight.
Furthermore, you must consider the capacity of the storage battery to ensure better usage. For example, you buy an energy lamp to serve the house's security, but the power is too low, just at midnight, the light is turned off because the battery runs out, it will not be good at all. Ideally, please choose the company's lamp that the battery can charge the fastest, even in a low sunlight environment, it will prolong use time many hours in the morning. Besides, the battery life is also decisive to the product's durability, so you should choose to buy solar LED lights with a lifespan of more than 30,000 hours.
4. Smart feature, easy to install
The benefit of the best solar lights is that they don't need wires, so there's no need for cables, so you don't need to worry about installation. However, your job is to find lamps that are easy to catch on the pillars, walls where you want to install for lighting without a professional electrician's help. It is best to choose brands that are lightweight models for easy fixation and safer to use.
Besides, it would help if you also chose brands whose products are equipped with many intelligent features. Intelligent devices will tend to have faster processors that can adapt to all kinds of surroundings.
For example, the energy gate light has an intelligent processor that will adjust the amount of light based on the weather factors, turn it on when it is dark and automatically turn it off during the day. Or some types will be equipped with sensors to detect motion and automatically light up when someone comes.
The more intelligent features you choose, the more convenient they will be to use and maximize the amount of energy you need to consume.
5. Warranty and price
To choose to buy a good quality solar light product, you should pay special attention to the price issue. Instead of considering purchasing the most expensive or the cheapest, buy a light at an affordable price that provides you with a wide range of amenities and features for your money. According to our market reference, at present, the cost of solar lights is divided into three main segments:
- Low price types: At this price, solar lights are usually small lamps, simple structures, not too eye-catching. Usually, this type of light is suitable as a backup light for outdoor camping, outdoor camping, etc.
- Mid-range types: If you have a better economy, you should choose products in this segment to best support you in your activities. Because at this price, you can find yourself quite a lot of products with intelligent designs and features that can meet the needs of the family.
- Premium-priced models: At this price point, of course, you will have quite a few options for yourself. The products in this price range are primarily high-end solar LED products with unique designs, many intelligent features suitable for lighting in significant places such as restaurants and hotels. , public construction
In addition to the price, the warranty is also a point you should keep in mind to evaluate which solar lights are good. Generally, brands will provide you with a guarantee of at least 12 months for the light and battery equipment that can last up to 10 years.
Kemeco ST4311AQ LED Cast Aluminum Solar Post Light Fixture with 3-Inch Fitter Base for Outdoor Garden Post Pole MountView on Amazon
LEREKAM Solar Spot Lights Outdoor, IP65 Waterproof 40 LEDs Solar Landscape Spotlights,USB & Solar Powered Wall Lights Dark Sensing Auto On/Off,3 Modes Outdoor Solar Garden Lights for Yard Porch 2 PackView on Amazon
Signature Garden 6 Pack Solar Garden Lights - Super-Bright 15 Lumens ABS Plastic; Makes Garden Pathways & Flower Beds Look Great - Easy NO-Wire Installation; All-Weather/Water-ResistantView on Amazon
- BrandSignature Garden
Balhvit Glass Solar Lights Outdoor, 8 Pack Super Bright Solar Pathway Lights, Up to 12 Hrs Long Last Auto On/Off Garden Lights Solar Powered Waterproof, Stainless Steel LED Landscape Lighting for YardView on Amazon
Solar Path Lights – 6 Pack Solar Pathway Lights Solar Powered Reddish-Brown Glass Lampshade & Stainless Steel, Auto On & Off, 25 Lumens, Waterproof Solar Lights Outdoor Decor for Path, LandscapeView on Amazon
Aootek solar lights 120 Leds with lights reflector,270 degree Wide Angle, IP65 Waterproof, Security Lights for Front Door, Yard, Garage, Deck(4pack)View on Amazon
Colorize Colorful Pathway Solar Light (6 Lights) Decorative Weatherproof Auto On/Off Outdoor Lights: Garden, Landscape, Patio, Pool, YardView on Amazon
UMICKOO Solar Lights Outdoor, Auto Changing Solar Pathway Colorful Bright Glass Garden Lights,Waterproof Solar Powered Landscape Lights for Lawn Patio Courtyard Walkway Yard (Set of 8)View on Amazon
BEAU JARDIN Solar Pathway Lights 8 Pack Supper Bright Up to 12 Hrs Landscape Stake Glass Stainless Steel Waterproof Auto On/off Sun Powered Garden Lighting for Yard Patio Walkway Outdoor SpikeView on Amazon
- BrandBEAU JARDIN
Solar Lights Outdoor Garden, Solar Ground Lights, Solar Disk Lights Waterproof Bright In-Ground Lights, Landscape Lights for Lawn,Patio,Pathway,Yard,Deck,Walkway,Sidewalk (12 Pack)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. What benefits do solar lights bring to users?
- Saving operating costs, solar bulbs convert electricity from sunlight, which saves users money for lighting operations. The solar lighting system does not depend on the electricity system, so even when the power is out, it can still work.
- The brightness of the solar light is equivalent to that of other electric bulbs of the same capacity.
- High light bulb durability: The life of led bulbs is more remarkable than 50,000 working hours. If you turn it on over 12 hours a day, it will take 11 years to replace the bulb.
- Smart on-off mode according to light intensity. Create convenience for users in large spaces when installing hundreds of bulbs at the same time.
- Simple design, structure system, and operation: This system ensures the device installation and control system's implementation work neatly and quickly.
2. How to fix the problem when the solar led light is dim, not bright?
Solar led bulbs are dim, not bright because you use inferior quality LEDs. Therefore, you should choose to buy good quality. Some models with reasonable lamp prices can consult to choose good quality solar lamps.
3. What should I do if the lights are not on long enough at night?
The light does not light long enough at night (only light for a few hours): you do not charge the battery fully during the day, or the rechargeable battery is bottled, so it is not fully charged. So you should replace the rechargeable battery if the battery is the bottle, and if the battery is not fully charged due to the lack of sunlight, this is an acceptable feature in solar lights.
To overcome this, you need to research before investing. If the area is often not well lit, you should choose other lighting options even in summer.
4. What happens when there is no direct sunlight?
If you put solar lights out in the barren desert, they will probably run at total capacity. But what if your house has many trees with dense foliage and lots of shade? - It will be okay. These lights can still be used in shaded locations.
This may take a bit of work. You can carry a light (for small lamps) or panels (for large lamps) placed in strong sunlight, charging the battery during the day. In the afternoon, we install them back to their original positions for night lighting. Besides, for lamps with removable panels, you can connect an extra piece of wire and put the board in a place that can be exposed to direct sunlight while the light is in a position to be illuminated.
5. Should you turn off the solar lights at night?
Many solar-powered lights will still charge if they're not turned on, and by turning them off, you allow the battery to capture in a few days in sunlight fully. It would be best if you did this regularly with solar lights.
If you are trying to look for the most suitable solar lights for your campus, then be sure to read our buying guide carefully to make the best decisions. Besides, for these devices to work well and long working life, you should also clean and maintain them periodically as you do with other electronic devices.
After reading the entire article about the experience of choosing the best solar lights, you will indeed have more confidence to decide for yourself the most suitable product. Here is a summary of the top 3 the best solar lights we recommend:
- Best with powerful Brightness: Kemeco ST4311AQ LED Cast Aluminum Solar Post Light attracts our attention because of its brightness. It has six high-power LEDs providing a total output of 50 lumens for maximum support for illumination in all weather conditions.
- Best for Durability: In terms of durability, we cannot deny that Gama Sonic 106BPLSG0 Baytown is designed for long-lasting usage. This solar light has a powder-coated aluminum body that does not rust like other metals. Besides, to protect the solar panel, the manufacturers coated it with tempered glass, thereby making it more durable. Therefore, with 106BPLSG0, you do not need to worry about replacing the solar light in a short time.
- Best for eye-catching Performance: GYDZ Solar Post Light is a beautified lamp. The light has a coloured plastic lens for lovely illumination when turned on or not. The light has a warm white light and outputs 110 lumens.